Re: How do I allow automatic non root access to my non standard USB device ?

Linuxguy123 wrote, On 01/15/2009 04:04 PM:
I'm doing some embedded development and my flash programmer has a USB
interface.  Everything works fine if I program the device as root, but
I'd like to be able to do it as a regular user.  I get port permission
errors if I try to run the programmer as a regular user.

$ lsusb
<SNIP>
Bus 007 Device 006: ID 15ba:0003 Olimex Ltd. OpenOCD JTAG
<SNIP>

My programmer is the Olimex Ltd. OpenOCD JTAG device on bus 7.

The documentation for the device says it needs access to /proc/bus/usb.

I can allow regular user access by manually issuing a chown command for
the port, but then I'd have to do it every time I reboot or unplug the
programmer.   How do I set it up to happen automatically in F10 ?

suggestion: find the udev|hal rules for allowing the console logged in user to use the sound card, and mimic them for your device.

--
Todd Denniston