Re: mount question

Aldo Foot wrote:

> My understanding is that in /media the OS expects to find removable media
> such as usb drives. The /mnt mount point is for nfs and local filesystems.
> Those mount points are sort of "designated" places for specific filesystems.
>
> Please shed some light if I'm wrong.
> ~af

My understanding is that /media is used as a mount point for things
that are not found in /etc/fstab, and are detected by HAL. HAL
mounts them there so the the console user can access them. The user
normally can not create directories in /mnt.

This is different from automount, where the directories are already
there. Automount mounts the specified file system when someone tries
to access it.

Mikke;