Re: how to identify the missing perl module to be installed

On 1/16/09, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday crashcourse ca> wrote:

  is there a quick way to map a perl module to its corresponding
package to be installed?  someone just dumped a perl script on one of
my systems, and it fails with:

  "Can't locate IO/Uncompress/Gunzip.pm in @INC ... etc etc "

fair enough, so which of the perl module packages would i need to
install?  taking a shot in the dark, on one of my other systems, i
ran:

$ yum search perl-IO-Compress

perl -MCPAN -e 'install IO::Uncompress::Gunzip'

provided your CPAN module has been configured.

--
-jp

I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com