Re: unable to enumerate USB device

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 10:14 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Hubs that get there power source from the computer are the ones that
> give you problems, because of voltage drop across the cable to
> computer.

Not just the potential of that happening, but the host mayn't be able to
supply the amount of current desired (not a voltage drop, per se, but a
supply issue - if the host was only designed to supply "so much," then
that's all it's going to give).  Whereas a powered hub has its own
specifications, which may support more power.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.