squid help for F7?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Fri Jan 16 18:16:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd like to run squid on my F7 setup and am getting an error every time I try
to start the service. The logfile shows the output below (repeatedly)

Squid Cache (Version 2.6.STABLE16): Terminated abnormally.
CPU Usage: 0.009 seconds = 0.004 user + 0.005 sys
Maximum Resident Size: 0 KB
Page faults with physical i/o: 9
FATAL: Could not determine fully qualified hostname.  Please
set 'visible_hostname'

I would quite happily set visible_hostname but don't know how or where. Ideas?

Dave

--
Canada must refuse to be entangled in any more wars fought to make the world
safe for capitalism.

-- The Regina Manifesto, 1933