Asset Management

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 16 18:31:38 UTC 2009

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> I know there are plenty of asset management software out there.
> Everything I've seen so far is for hardware and software, network,
> manufacturer, etc., etc.  I'm looking for something a little bit broader.
>
> I want one location for all our marketing and web assets. Stock photos,
> pictures of products, pictures of projects, templates that we send to
> clients, PDFs of data sheets and info pages, catalogs of our vendors,
> ads we have run in magazines and
> newspapers, anything that has anything to do with our marketing and
> online presents. I want it all in one place, inventoried and cataloged.
> And of course, the hardware, software, network and all that jazz too.
>
> I know that's a tall order, but even if it's something that has
> different modules to be added, that's great.  And if it's open source,
> even better!
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  I don't want to have to reinvent the
> wheel if it already exists.

Sounds like you need a decent web server.

I would look at a content management system as a base and build from
that.  No single application will do all what you want and it sounds
that a web server would be the best thing.

Info.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management_system

Products and links.
http://php.opensourcecms.com/