Re: unable to get email

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> I just installed Fedora core 9 on my laptop, to replace Ubuntu. I have a
> separate /home, so I didn't lose any emails, or settings.. Once I reinstalled
> thunderbird, and copied over the old settings, I thought I had it working.
> But it fails to get emails from my IMAP accounts, except for my 1 business
> email that is IMAP and does work. I even removed/recreated one account, just
> to see if something got hosed..
> I have several domain email accounts, and none work, and they all have the
> same incoming/outgoing server. My work email is a totally separate server,
> both in and outgoing.
> I turned off SElinux, that didn't help, I rebooted, that didn't help.. I'm not
> sure where to look next, any suggestions?
> thanks,

What error messages are you getting?  Have you tried setting up just one
account at a time and seeing if you can get mail?  Nothing you've given
us in this post tells us anything that could help us debug the problem.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support