Internal IDE DVD Burner

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 16 20:36:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 15:12 -0500, Gene Poole wrote:
> The burner I seem to be have the problem with is the Pioneer.  It
> doesn't seem to process a Fedora 9 x86_64 or CentOS 5.2 x86_64
> installation DVD - even if the thing was burned on it!

Sounds suspiciously like a flakey drive.

> Is it because I've burned a x86_64 DVD on a i386 machine causing me a
> problem?

No.  It's just a disc.  It's things like CPU and RAM that are 32 or 64
bit.  Discs and drives are the same.

> Should I just try -R DVDs?

Possibly.

> Should I lower the burn speed?

Another "possibly"...  Burn speed is a common problem.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.