Re: Need help with WLAN on Eee PC 1000H

Jim wrote on Friday 16 January 2009:

Hello!

> Did FC10 possibly setup a driver for it before you installed the kmod
> driver ?

Which driver could F10 possibly setup? There is no rt2860sta module in the
fedora flavored kernel and I suppose no other module is responsible for
the ralink chipset id.

Besides, basically my WLAN works - but the connection procedure is far
from beeing comfortabale or even acceptable. The problems *seems* to lie
not between the driver and the hardware, but between the driver and
userland apps like wpa_supplicant and iwconfig.

What I really would like to know is whether there is any hardware
difference between the XP and Linux version of the Eee 1000H model... Or
my Eee is just jinxed - it would be the most plausible explanation. ;)

--
bye,
Adalbert