Re: life without system-config-display

On Fri, 2009-01-16 at 21:56 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> One more thing...I set it up with my KVM and finally just booted it
> without any of that attached and realized that the built-in track pad
> doesn't work at all. I installed ksynaptics, disconnected the USB mouse
> and rebooted but it still seems dead to the world in Fedora, not in
> Windows. Anyone have a suggestion?
----
kcmshell ksynaptics says...

Shared Memory is not accessible.

Please add the option 'SHMConfig "on"' into the touchpad section
of /etc/X11/xorg.conf

and of course, there isn't any xorg.conf file - ignoring that, it says
'Using Driver' "none" - which of course is why my touchpad isn't
happening.

do I have to insmod/modprobe something?

Craig