Re: Gnome terminal

Erik P. Olsen wrote:
On 17/01/09 00:48, Kam Leo wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 02:15:30PM -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster gmail com> wrote:
You'd only want to do this on a per-user basis, so that's the expected
behavior.  Global GConf schemas and defaults are stored in /etc/gconf.
How does one view or edit the global GConf schemas?
Personally, I just use a text editor.

Thanks.

I did more googling and found another package that is not installed by
default: gconf-editor

After installing the package you click on Applications->System
Tools->Configuration Editor and drill down the apps directory until
you get to nautilus-open-terminal. Click on it to open the file. Then,
you can set or reset the boolean for desktop_opens_home_dir. However,
I don't see any way to create an entry/value pair if one is not
present. Is there a GUI applet for that function?

I don't have this nautilus-open-terminal on my Fedora 10 system. Is it a
leftover from an earlier release?

No,

it got lost when upgrading (I think) from FC7 to FC8. Scince these days, it has to be installed manually (and will be forgotten at each upgrade, that's my experience).

--

Joachim Backes <joachim backes rhrk uni-kl de>