Re: F9 doesn't find swap or /root system on new motherboard

On Sun, January 18, 2009 1:08 am, Craig White wrote:

> Obviously if you have the hard drive connected to another booted system
> or can boot via a USB pen drive, you can try to repair the unmounted
> filesystems (/dev/hda1, /dev/hda3, /dev/hda5) via e2fsck program.

I just attached the drive to my laptop and ran:

e2fsck /dev/sdb1
e2fsck /dev/sdb3

both partitions are clean, so Roger's hypothesis about missing drivers
sounds more likely, doesn't it?

Thanks,
Marco

--
Help *everybody* love Free Standards and Software:
http://digifreedom.net