Re: F9 doesn't find swap or /root system on new motherboard

On Sun, January 18, 2009 1:36 am, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> Read the man page for mkinitrd - it tells you how to include
> specific modules, as well as an option to overwrite the current
> initrd.

just to be sure (sorry, it's almost 2 am here and I'm really tired), this
works even if the distro and kernel on the laptop where I'll run mkinitrd
are different from the target system?

> But you have to know the module you need for the new controller.

you mean it's "only" a question of finding what that module is, right?
That board has a geforce 8300 controller, should I get the module from the
nVidia drivers?

Thanks again,
M.