Virgin USB modem for Mobile Broadband in Australia - F10 Network Manager crash

People,

It appears some people have been able to get this Huawei E169 modem going but I haven't had any success with F10. I do:

umount /media/VIRGIN\ BROADBAND/
rmmod usb_storage
rmmod usbserial
modprobe usbserial vendor=0x12d1 product=0x1001
echo "ATZ^M" > /dev/ttyUSB0
system-config-network

- the device displays (ttyUSB0) but when I click on "Edit" to continue setting up the connection the program crashes - I attach the full traceback but the salient lines are:

File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/NCDevice.py", line 177, in getDialog
    raise NotImplemented
TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not NotImplementedType

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
E-mail:  phil pricom com au
Component: system-config-network
Version: 1.5.93

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/maindialog.py", line 814, in on_editButton_clicked
    self.editButtonFunc[self.active_page](button)
  File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/maindialog.py", line 922, in on_deviceEditButton_clicked
    button = self.editDevice(device)
  File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/gui/maindialog.py", line 950, in editDevice
    dialog = device.getDialog()
  File "/usr/share/system-config-network/netconfpkg/NCDevice.py", line 177, in getDialog
    raise NotImplemented
TypeError: exceptions must be classes, instances, or strings (deprecated), not NotImplementedType

Local variables in innermost frame:
self: Device.AllowUser=False
Device.BootProto=dhcp
Device.Device=ttyUSB0