First Steps to Licensing My Software?

Hi All,

I'm a PHP Web developer and I'm working on a web application used in the medical industry.  I have a client and I'm building the application for them, but I've realized that I can actually market this app and possibly make a profit from it.  I would need to redevelop the app (knowing what I know now), but I don't know how to go about licensing this PHP/MySQL application.  I've heard of GPL, but I also know there are different flavors.  Can anyone point me into the right direction so I can actually own all this work I'm doing.  Thanks.

--
Marc F.

www.fergytech.com
Registered Linux User: #410978

"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!" -Marc F.