rpcinfo problems

I just rebuild another system, from scratch, with FC10. rpcinfo has decided to give me some grief and I'm hoping someone can decipher this:

   $ cat /etc/hosts
   127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost
   [ snipped a long list of other hosts ]

   $ service rpcbind status
   rpcbind (pid 2352) is running...

   $ service nfslock status
   rpc.statd (pid  2369) is running...

   $ rpcinfo -p localhost
   rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Unknown host

   If I don't tack the 'localhost' I get the expected result:

   $ rpcinfo -p
  program vers proto   port  service
   100000    4   tcp    111  portmapper
   100000    3   tcp    111  portmapper
   100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
   100000    4   udp    111  portmapper
   100000    3   udp    111  portmapper
   100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
   100024    1   udp  33977  status
   100024    1   tcp  57425  status

Why won't it work with 'localhost' tacked on? I have another FC10 machine where that works just fine.

For the record: SElinux isn't installed, iptables is disabled, and nmap shows the port listening. Why won't it work?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
 Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley pcraft com>   .   303.442.6410 x130