Re: how to stop gnome holding a lock on auth popups

Mail Lists wrote:
>    When an auth popup comes (ssh for example) asking for a password - it
> steals the focus and I  cannot move focus away from that window - how do
> I turn off this behaviour and allow me to enter that window when I am
> ready - and not let it be so dang rude and not let me do anything else
> ... I may have other more urgent things I need to do on the computer ...
> than give all my attention to that auth window ..

It's a security "feature".

If you're running KDE, you can use ksshaskpass instead of openssh-askpass,
it doesn't do that. If you aren't running KDE, you'll have to tweak things
a bit to get ksshaskpass used (it only registers itself for KDE,
in /etc/kde/env).

        Kevin Kofler