FC10 install,3Gb not enough

OK. My first attempt to install F10 on my Asus Eee has failed with not enough disk space. Does not supprise me, given all the crude of rpms that has to be downloaded before expanded.

However, I also have a 4Gb SD card installed. What directory to I map to a partition on the SD card so that all the rpms go there?

Then after install and updates how do I set this back to just work off the main drive?

I have set up a 1Gb swap partition and a 2.8Gb ext3 partition for / on the main SSD drive. Trying to keep the overhead to the lowest, not using LVM...

So where do all the rpms go?  /var/<what>???