f9 cups: can't delete printer - URI file://dev/null

For some reason a number of my printers have Device URI: file://dev/null.

I can't delete them. I tried System-> Admin -> Printing. I also tried from the CUPS interface :631.

I looked around for the cups config file that has these printers, but couldn't find them.

And, of course, they have similar names to the regular printers ( in fact, the best names ) since the new queues were set up later. This generates lots of calls wanting to know why the printer doesn't work.

sean