Re: Wine update 1.1.12 breaks WINE?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 4:46 PM, James Matthews <nytrokiss gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:03 AM, Michael Cronenworth <mike cchtml com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Richard Shaw wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyone else having this issue
>>
>> I ran Wine, including WoW, all the time 1.1.12 was in updates-testing and
>> never had a problem.
>
> Try reinstalling Wine. I would clean up any wine config files that might of
> remained.

I did, no go. I ended up moving my .wine folder to .wine.backup and
tried running winecfg. It worked and created a new .wine folder. I
guess there was something in my .wine folder it didn't like but I
couldn't figure out what so I ended up loosing everything I had
installed and starting over. I reinstalled DVDFab 5 but it locks up
when I try to use it. I'm trying to create an ISO of my Transformers
DVD so my son can watch it on my Myth box without messing with the DVD
(his are all scratched up!)

Thanks,
Richard