Re: NetworkManager disabling networking over a suspend

Craig White wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 01:20 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
Has anyone else seem this recently, my F9 laptop (running X86_64, and up-to-date) has recently been real finicky about whether or not it will restore the wireless connection it had when it was suspended. More often than not (lately) NM comes back in "networking disabled" mode rather that in enabled mode and attempting to restore the previous wireless connection. Granted, telling NM to re-enable networking is usually sufficient to restore the wireless connection, but I don't remember having to do a lot of this in the past. OK, maybe some manual network password specifying in the pop-up window, but not the networking disabled condition.
----
if it's any comfort, my new Acer Aspire One does the same on F10 but I
just got it and my previous Sony PictureBook was running FC4 so I don't
have anything to compare it to.

Thanks. I've added my $0.02 to Bugzilla#466136 It at least claims that NM malfunctions after a resume from suspend. General enough complaint to include my problem. B^)

Craig

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome rcn com