Printers

Michael Comperchio mcmprch at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 17:15:54 UTC 2009

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 10:24 -0500, Michael Comperchio wrote:
>
>> What would be the best choice in inexpensive printers for use with
>> Fedora? I'm relatively new to F10, though I've used Linux before. I'm
>> hoping to never have to boot to the windoze side again.  But printing
>> and the inability to sync up with my Palm Lifedrive are the major
>> holdups for that. I can probably live without the Livedrive...but I do
>> need to print
>>

> HP printers seem to be very well supported.  Also I think Brothers
> printers are as well.  I don't know about Lexmark, but they may be
> supported good now, or at least better than before.

I had an HP D1300 (REAL inexpensive, but the power supply crapped out
and the realities of life are that a new one (power supply) would end up
costing more than the silly little printer did in the first place.

I just checked out Staples and they have an HP Photosmart C4580 Inket
All-in-One that ends up being $104 out the door and is supported
(according to http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web) by HPLIP. Next
questions will be how to make it work when I can't figure it out1 :)

Thanks everyone for their input....

Michael