RE: Package Manager Denies Permission to Install

bruce wrote:
> just saw this thread. so, is there a way/solution to allow a "root" user
> to use the gui/gnome/package update app????

You need to patch both PolicyKit and gnome-packagekit.
PolicyKit patch here: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/attachment.cgi?id=323469
Sorry, I don't have a patch for gnome-packagekit (using kpackagekit).

I wish this kind of stupid arbitrary restrictions just got removed.

        Kevin Kofler