Video Streaming

All,

I have been playing with software solutions lately, but sadly don't have good results with what I want to do, thus far. What I want to do is get set up a series of media files (various formats) and put them together for a personal media streaming server. Basically a Video on Demand VLC server, but with less of a requirement to remain logged in.

The concept I am after is something like LiquidSoap, MPD, and Icecast (or MPD with Icecast) to stream video, since I have an audio stream solution.

This being said, is anyone doing this on a Fedora box, and if so, what is your poison of choice to do it?

Regards,
Seann