Re: Ideal Swap Partition Size

On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 20:06 -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> maybe based on the idea that swapping will cause the system to
> behave badly

It seems strange to think that a system will swap just because there's
swap space available.  Surely, it's only going to swap when it needs to,
and you'd be faced with operating and swapping, or being unable to swap
and unable to operate once you reach that stage.

--
[tim localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.9-73.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.