Fedora 10, xmodmap and xinitrc

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Jan 21 13:21:35 UTC 2009

Again on Acer Aspire One

Looking at this page from Arch Linux page on Acer Aspire One...

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One#Additional_function_keys

which suggests that I create mappings for some of the function keys so
they do things like control volume, etc. and then to add a link to
execute the mappings in .xinitrc

Well, F10 doesn't have .xinitrc but it does have /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc
and xinitrc-common but I suspect that a manual edit of either of those
is not really something to do with any permanence.

What's the suggested method for adding xmodmap entries? Put into a file
in /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d ?

Craig

PS: I edited the Acer Aspire One page on FedoraProject wiki to reflect
the few easy steps to make the built-in camera work (for those with an
Acer Aspire One).