Re: Ideal Swap Partition Size

Tim wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-20 at 20:06 -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
maybe based on the idea that swapping will cause the system to behave badly

It seems strange to think that a system will swap just because there's
swap space available.

No where did I suggest that. What I was referring to was that several people are endorsing system configurations with little or no swap space in order to prevent the system from even being able to swap.