Re: vsftpd slow login

Mark Haney wrote:
stan wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:
I've got a new F10 system that is running VSFTPD for testing bandwidth
speeds for our customers.  This is a fresh install and nothing special
is configured.  No LDAP or anything else.

The problem I"m having is abominably slow login times to log in via ftp.
 I mean 30+ seconds.  Anyone seen this problem before?  How do I fix it.

If I recall correctly, the configuration file allows you to turn on very
detailed logging.  That should give you a pointer to the cause.

I do not see that kind of option in the config file.

man vsftpd.conf

I think the options you want are

log_ftp_protocol
xferlog_enable