Re: Will Fedora 9 get 2.6.28?

aragonx dcsnow com wrote:
Hello all,

The subject says it all really.  I'm running Fedora 9 and want to use
EXT4.  I realize there is support in the 2.6.27 but I've read that all the
goddies are not in until 2.6.28.  So, will Fedora 9 get it or do I have to
upgrade to Fedora 10?

Is anyone using EXT4 and software RAIDs (5)?

With 9 and 10, no need for 2.6.28.

*However*, be aware that if you don't get the ext4 module loaded, via fstab, boot command line, manual load, whatever, at least FC9 has a habit of mounting ext4 as ext3 and then messing it up.

I put ext4 on a raid10 of WD TB drives I was burning in, not very exciting stuff, just works.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>