Re: database mess up

Patrick Dupre wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Rick Stevens wrote:

Patrick Dupre wrote:
Hello,

For a reason that I ignore my database is totallt mess up.
rpm --rebuilddb only rebuild iy partially.
The packages are installed, but rpm --rebuilddb does not see them.
How can I recover them without resintalling them manually ?

As root:

    # cd /var/lib/rpm
    # rm -f __db.* (that's two underscores before the "db" bit)
    # rpm --rebuilddb
I did it.

So it's working now?  Good deal!
-    Working with Linux is like wrestling with a worthy opponent.    -
-   Working with Windows is like picking on an annoyed child with a  -
-                            loaded handgun.                         -