Re: recreating desktop in gnome

---- "Fran├žois Patte" <francois patte mi parisdescartes fr> wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> One user has destroyed his Desktop directory in gnome. Is there a way to
> recreate it, without creating a new user and moving data, and moving
> again the user....

Restore from backups?
But I suspect that's not the answer that you're looking for.

I don't think that there is anything special about the Desktop directory. Just recreate it. There are no special files inside that directory either. I would guess that Nautilus knows to put the Computer, Home and Trash icons on the desktop when the dirctory exists.

Steve