Re: firewall url filter

roland wrote:
Hallo,

I have a network with a fedora-server and several workstations-Vista Microsoft (client doesn't want any linux pc's). The users are connected to the internet via a router Lancom.

The client wants to prevent users to connect to sex sites.

Can I use the fedora-box as a firewall, filtering several url's or filtering several keywords?

Maybe someone has the same problem.

Thanks for help

What about a combination of what other people are saying and a DNS server that has a blacklist filter in it?

That way all the blacklisted URL's are then stopped.

http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/Spam-Filtering-for-MX/dnschecks.html

--
Robin Laing