Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:02:26 -0600
Dave Feustel wrote:

> The Acer Aspire One could be even better than Kindle if it reads the
> ebooks I'm interested in since I would have a gp computer as well.
> Does FBReader run on the Aspire One?

Yer damn tootin', toots!

It works really well running either locally on the Acer Aspire One, or remotely
from my main computer.

I convert ebooks that I want to read to html files using OpenOffice (if they
aren't html already), then read them with FBReader.  FBReader can still read
them when they have been run through bzip2 (MobyDick.html.bz2) so the books
take up very little space on the hard drive.