Re: Nagios can't connect to Pulseaudio via Festival

TheCajun wrote:
> 1) Logged in as a normal user, xmms player works.
> 2) Logged in as a normal user I can send text to festival with correct
> speech.
> 3) As root, cron job works (I have the time being said via festival).
> 4) As root, via commandline, I get this error;
> Connection failure: Connection refused

That's because PulseAudio runs per user session, so stuff running outside of
the user session can't access it.

The only way to get that to work is to configure PulseAudio as a systemwide
daemon (which is not the default configuration).

        Kevin Kofler