Re: Printers

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 02:26:10PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:23:26 -0500
> Michael Comperchio wrote:
>
> > I almost got an HP 1520,  that printer
> > would have been cheaper than the ink cartridges it took.... simply
> > replace the printer when it was out of ink!
>
> The manufacturers have already got that covered.  The cartridges that come with
> (most) inkjet printers contain far less ink than separately purchased
> cartridges.

And (at least some) laser printers, too. While I"m very pleased with
my Brother HL2070N, the original toner cartridge is good for 1500
sheets while a "for money" cartridge claims 2500. I got about 1800
from the original and haven't used up the replacement yet.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex fcshome stoneham ma us -----------------------------
                    The Lord detests the way of the wicked