Issues with Kontact/Kmail distribution list

Hi all;

I'm running Fedora 10 & KDE

I go into the address book and create a distribution list, save it as say
'test_dist'

This works fine, I can go back and look at it and I see the email addresses
I've added to it. While I have the distribution list editor open (in the
address book) I can click on the link of the distribution list name and an
email compose window pops up with all the email addresses in the to field just
as I expect.

However:

If I click (in the mail window) on 'new message' and type in the name of the
new dist list in the to field the name is entered simply as 'test_dist' which
should be fine but when I send the mail it attempts to send to
"test_dist myhostname" in my case it tries to go to:
test_dist Issac consistentstate com  (this is my local laptop hostname) and of
course it fails to send (rather I get a permanent failure email back)

Thoughts ?