Re: RAM question for everyone!

Mark Haney wrote:
Dan Track wrote:
I was recently asked a question about how much RAM should there be
within a server given that the APP uses 8GB of Memory, should I buy
10Gig of memory and have a small harddrive and no swap space? Would
this configuration allow everything in my OS to run from RAM and not
from swap? If this is the case then there's no need to ever create
swap, is there?!?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

With RAM, the more the merrier.  I guess the question is, what does this

Unless you're on a 32-bit system in which case more RAM can make you much less merrier since the mere addition of the memory causes more pressure on the already constrained lowmem available on these platforms.

Regards,
Bryn.