Ideal Swap Partition Size

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 16:04:04 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 08:53 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
>  All this avoids the question I asked. VM processing involves paging
> between a memory space and an address space. The question is where is
> the address space of the process? It can't be the computer's real
> memory because that would be the memory space.

Now you're confusing me. What do you mean by "memory space" and "address
space"? Paging involves (among many pther things) moving data between
main memory and a backing store. The data belongs to the "address space"
of a process, or possibly several processes in the case of shared pages.
"Address space" is a logical concept meaning the range of addressable
memory locations in the process virtual memory. I've no idea what you
mean by "memory space" unless it's the physical main memory.

poc