Re: network traffic analyzer

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: network traffic analyzer
From: Tim <ignored_mailbox yahoo com au>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 01/23/2009 06:17 AM

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 21:00 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
I'm looking for a web based (graphs) solution for (real-time) network traffic on a Linux (Fedora) router.

Perhaps MRTG?

When I said "RRTG" I meant "MRTG" and the answer still stands: No.

I'm not sure if it can do individual protocol graphing, though.  I've
never tried that.  I just use it to keep an eye on overall network
throughput.

Protocol graphing isn't a must-have feature. I'm more interested in overall throughput and per-host throughput. Breaking it down on a protocol level is just a plus.