Re: Boot Loader and reinstalling windows...

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 11:40 -0500, Michael Comperchio wrote:
> Looks like, for now, I'm going to have to have a bootable windows. So...
> How can I restore (easily) the boot loader if/when the windows
> installation munges it? Hopefully this is something I can do without
> reinstalling F10? of course I may not need to... but just 'cuz I'm
> paranoid doesn't mean windows isn't out to get me!

Assuming Windows doesn't install on top of your Fedora partition(s), if
the boot loader is borked you can boot from a rescue CD, chroot
to /mnt/sysimage, and run grub-install to restore Grub. Remember to
include the Windows partition in grub.conf (you can do this later of
course).

poc