Re: network traffic analyzer

Michael Cronenworth wrote:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: network traffic analyzer
From: Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora. <fedora-list redhat com>
Date: 01/23/2009 02:18 PM

Have you looked at Ganglia?

http://ganglia.info/

I have only seen it used for clusters but it may be useful.

That's for system performance statistics across tens or hundreds of cluster nodes. That won't do any good for what I want: Networking only.

What's wrong with cacti?  It works fine and it comes in RPMs from the
standard repo.  It can report anything that can be sampled via SNMP and
does network stats right out of the box.
-         The world is coming to an end ... SAVE YOUR FILES!!!       -