Re: Amazon Kindle and Fedora

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Sounds good, however my objection to the Kindle business model is that
> you can't lend a book to a friend, something I do all the time with
> printed books.
>
> poc

That depends on where you buy books. I buy mainly from Baen's web
site. They do not use copy protection on their books. They have
found that your being able to lend an ebook to a friend actually
increases the sales of the dead tree versions. They even give some
of their books away for free.

If you are interested, there is a discussion of this on the Free
Library. It seams that giving away electronic version of "older"
books actually increases sales of books that would otherwise
experience declining sales.

Mikkel