Re: Yum Updates Sequence

Rahul Tidke wrote:
Hello,
Is it necessary to follow the order/sequence while installing the updates on Fedora?
Somewhat oversimplified: Yes.

More precisely, there exist packages-dependencies and an implicit package-installation order packages must meet to be installed properly.

I want to apply only selected updates from the available updates. Can I install updates in random order?
Yes, you can. Yum is supposed to take care of it.

"yum install <packagename>" rsp. "yum update <packagename>"
are supposed to pull-in all required packages in correct order
or to refuse and complain to install packages, in case some package
dependencies can not be met.

Ralf