Re: Install Fedora 10 for the 1st time

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:28:33PM -0600, Harvey Folse wrote:
I am having a problem installing Fedora on a Dell Poweredge box. Keep getting the following error

Volume group "VolGroup00" not found
Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVolGroup00/LogVol101)

I have formatted & created a hardware RAID one for the install.

What am I doing wrong?

That device name looks weird to me.  Aren't LVM volumes normally named
/dev/<VolGroupName>/<LogicalVolName> ?  Why the extra path here?
If it isn't a typo, the lvm tools (possibly having booted in rescue mode if this issue is stopping the machine booting) should help you understand what is going on:
lvmdiskscan

vgdisplay

lvdisplay

DaveT.