Re: Gateway DX4720 installation problems

Charles Landau wrote:
I just bought a DX4720-03 from Gateway. Has anyone succeeded in installing Fedora on this system?
This system's processor is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 which I believe is 64-bit. I tried both the i386 and x86_64 distributions with the same results.
If it's core 2 duo is definitely is x86_64. The dvd boot tells you pretty quickly if you are trying to boot an x86_64 media on a non x86_64 processor.

You might be able to determine if this is just an installer issue, by downloading, and writing a live media, eg:
http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora
  Fedora 10 Desktop Edition   Live Media

and seeing if that allows the machine to operate OK ?

DaveT.