Re: Upgrading to F10 without DVD

Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
>   I don't have a drive to write to DVD (only to CD). How can I upgrade
> from F9 to F10?

Plenty of methods. Some have already been suggested:
* preupgrade
* netinstall
* HD install

There's also a set of CDs you can use:
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora/10/Fedora/i386/iso/
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora/10/Fedora/x86_64/iso/
http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz/pub/fedora/10/Fedora/ppc/iso/
(depending on your arch), then pick the disc1-disc6.iso from there.

And finally there's also the possibility to upgrade with yum from a running
system (as opposed to an installer environment):
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq
This is not really supported, but usually it does work. (You could also use
apt-get or smart for the upgrade, but I'd only recommend that if you're
familiar with those tools. Otherwise stick with yum, which is also what
anaconda uses.)

        Kevin Kofler