Re: F10, NetworkManager, and intermittent dns -- Update

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:23:49 +1100
David Timms wrote:

> Tom Horsley wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:32:08 -0500
> > McGuffey, David C. wrote:
> >
> >> Update: Intermittent dns is still present.
> >
> > I'd strongly suspect this is NM getting the resolv.conf file
> > correct on initial connect, then screwing it up on
> > subsequent DHCP lease renewal.
> I get the no entries in /etc/resolv.conf directly after logging in
> (workaround - an NM entry with static IP, and dns). Is there a more
> permanent fix for Fedora 10 (upgraded from F9) ?

In /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

I have the line:

PEERDNS=no

which (in theory) prevents NM from doing anything at all to
the resolv.conf file when acting on that interface (of course
you then have to make sure you set resolv.conf yourself).