hostname curiosity

When I boot my F9 box it can have one of two different host names and I would like to figure why this is.

One of the hostnames, hp<number> is the name set by the manufacturer and it's probably in the BIOS. I think that the other one is set via dhcp. Our network dhcp server is a Windows box. The pattern seems to be that when I first turn the machine on, it gets the hp<number> hotsname but if I reboot, I get the dhcp name. I would like to always get the dhcp name.

Any suggestions how on to investigate this?

Thanks,
Steve