Re: F10 - kernel build problem

g wrote:
john wendel wrote:

I ran KDE on FC6, but I switched to XFCE4 for F10.

lighter weight, which will help for desktop.

Forgot to mention that I've got a 2GB swap partition. And the box has all the latest updates.

i would not use more than 1gb. 'rule of thumb' is twice of ram memory.

somewhere in past, i recall something being bad about using kernel.org
for fedora. just what i do not recall but it had to do with lib's not
playing together well. i may be wrong.

I have not done it in a few months, but before that I built my own since RH8 and FC4 in that series.

i have never built a kernel for fedora, as it changes too often. but if
i did, it would be *all* fedora. nothing 'foreign'.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>