Re: How to fix fstab on bootup - forgot to comment out a line

Dan Track wrote:
Hi

I forgot to comment out a line in /etc/fstab, now when my machine
boots up it keeps dropping to a filesystem check and asks for teh root
password. My question is how can I get to edit the /etc/fstab file on
bootup or via grub?

Please help.

Thanks
Dan

1) at the grub prompt, hit 'a' to append options
2) add 'init=/bin/bash' to the kernel command line
3) mount -o remount,rw /
4) vim /etc/fstab
5) reboot

-- Chris